We are affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, the association of Conservative congregations in North America.
Noodle Kugel Recipes
EASY, PAREVE, SWEET NOODLE PUDDING – Alice Bock
2 packages of 12 oz extra wide noodles
2 cans Comstock apple pie filling (don’t buy generic brands)
brown sugar and cinnamon to taste
raisins or walnuts- optional
Cook noodles, rinse them. Add apple pie filling and some brown sugar (2-3 tablespoons) to taste. Add 1 tablespoon cinnamon (unless you like more ). Add raisins or nuts if desired. Mix well. Put in an aluminum lasagna pan sprayed with Pam.
Bake 350 for about 20 min or till noodles are golden and starting to crisp on top.
SUZANNE’S NOODLE PUDDING – Sharon Nachman
- 1 twelve ounce bag of broad noodles
- 1 stick of butter
- 8 ounces of cottage cheese
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Six eggs
- 32 ounces of vanilla coffee mate
- White raisins as many as you like
- One fourth of cup of crushed crackers (try cereal flakes)
- Prepare noodles as directed on package
- Butter noodles
- Mix all the above ingredients together
- Put in raisins
- Sprinkle crushed crackers on top
- Bake at 350 degrees for about one hour or until done.
RUMANIAN FRIED NOODLE KUGEL – Karen Fleischman
½ pound fine egg noodles
2 tablespoons margarine
1 large onion, decided
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package and drain. Transfer to a large bowl and add margarine, blending well. Set aside.
2. Saute the onion in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, until golden. Add the onion to the noodles. Add the eggs and salt and pepper to taste. Mix all ingredients well.
3. Heat the remaining 4 tablespoons oil in a large, heavy frying pan. Add the noodle mixture and let brown on the bottom and sides, taking care not to burn.
4. When browned on one side, place a large plate over the pan. Turn over onto the plate and then slide back into the pan to brown the other side.
NOODLE KUGEL RECIPE – Dawn Myones
8os package Med noodles
Sm. sour cream
l pkge Farmer cheese
l stick butter
grated cheese to taste
Mix all ingredients together
grease pan well
bake 325 degrees for one to one and half hours til golden brown
Apple challah Kugel – Linda Scholnick
12 oz challah (more or less) torn into olive or kiwi size chunks
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups of milk substitute (rice or soy milk)
3 eggs beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1 t vanilla
1 t cinnamon
2-3 tart apples, peeled and sliced
2 T margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 375. Soak Challah in liquids for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into well greased pan. Bake for about 1 hour, until top is brown. It freezes well.
SALTZMAN’S NOODLE KUGEL – Paula Saltzman
Egg noodles, (one package of large egg noodles)
One cup of cottage cheese
One cup sour cream
One cup sugar
1/4 lb melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
#2 ½ can of peaches-drain the fluid
# 2 ½ can of pineapple
1 cup of white raisins (if desired)
Cook noodles. Put noodles in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish, (spray baking dish with Pam).
Mix all ingredients, pour over noodles.
Topping; mix in separate bowl.
- 1 ½ cups of corn flake crumbs
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 1 stick of melted butter
Pour this on top of the noodles in the baking dish.
Bake at 350 for one hour.
MADELYNE’S NOODLE KUGEL – Madelyne Adlin
8 oz.medium or lg. noodles
3 eggs beaten
1/2 pt. sour cream
1 c. sugar 1/2 pt. cottage cheese
3 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. milk
Mix together. Pour into pyrex.
1/4 lb. melted butter
1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
Sprinkle on top.
Bake at 350 till browned. Aprx 45-60 min.